- 1.5kg Desirée potatoes, peeled
- 2 medium onions, peeled
- 400ml Freja Vegetable broth
- 10g fresh sage / 1tsp dried sage
- 1½ oz (40 g) butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- First take a 28 x 20 x 5 cm, rectangular oven proof dish and lightly butter.
- Slice your potatoes thinly, not too thin though as you want them to hold their shape. Then halve your onions and finely slice.
- Finely slice some sage leaves. Arrange a layer of the sliced potatoes on the bottom of the buttered dish then arrange a layer of the sliced onions.
- Sprinkle over some sliced sage and season with salt and pepper. Continue to layer in this order making your final layer the potatoes.
- Pour the Freja Vegetable Broth over the dish. Add the last sprinkle of sage, some seasoning and then place little bits of butter all over the potatoes.
- Cook in the oven for about 50 - 60 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through and crisp and golden on the top..