- 500g skinless salmon fillets, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 large finely diced leek
- 1 carrot diced
- 25g butter
- 175ml single cream
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 375g charlotte potatoes diced in 2cm cubes
- 500ml Freja fish bone broth
- 250ml water
- 15g chopped fresh dill
- 2 Bay leaves
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan then add the leek and carrots and gently soften for 2-3 minutes. Then add the potatoes with just enough of the water to cover them and boil for a few minutes.
- Once they’re starting to go soft, reduce to a simmer and add the bay leaves and salmon cubes. Cook for another 3-4 minutes (or until the salmon is cooked).
- Add the cream, fish broth, allspice and seasoning to taste (plenty of black pepper is traditional!) and continue to simmer for 15 minutes, being careful not to break up the salmon.
- Just before you serve, stir in the chopped dill.