We’re changing our name from Take Stock to Freja - please bear with us
Lohikeitto Finnish Salmon Soup
A traditional Finnish salmon soup, this recipe is comforting yet packed with lots of fresh dill flavours to give your taste buds a lift!
Total time - 45mins
- 500g skinless salmon fillets, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 large finely diced leek
- 1 carrot diced
- 25g butter
- 175ml single cream
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 375g charlotte potatoes diced in 2cm cubes
- 500ml Take Stock fish bone broth
- 250ml water
- 15g chopped fresh dill
- 2 Bay leaves
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan then add the leek and carrots and gently soften for 2-3 minutes. Then add the potatoes with just enough of the water to cover them and boil for a few minutes.
- Once they’re starting to go soft, reduce to a simmer and add the bay leaves and salmon cubes. Cook for another 3-4 minutes (or until the salmon is cooked).
- Add the cream, fish broth, allspice and seasoning to taste (plenty of black pepper is traditional!) and continue to simmer for 15 minutes, being careful not to break up the salmon.
- Just before you serve, stir in the chopped dill.
Bone Broth Hummus
A perfect combination for summer get togethers, Bone Broth Hummus is such a nutritious, flavoursome option to have on the table for everyone to share.
Total time - 10 mins
Bone Broth Bloody Mary
This bone broth Bloody Mary is a wonderfully savoury cocktail - packed with deep, spicy flavour but with an extra nutritional hit from the Freja Beef Bone Broth!
Total time - 4 mins
Bone Broth, Bacon, Cheese & Asparagus Quiche
To celebrate the Coronation it had to be quiche! This recipe uses almond flour to make the pastry so keeps the carbs down but seriously delivers on flavour and indulgence.
Total time - 1 hour
Avgolemono Bone Broth Soup
A classic Greek soup, Avgolemono is the ultimate in comfort food but with a lovely bright hit of lemon and dill that really lifts the dish.
Total time - 50mins