We’re changing our name from Take Stock to Freja - please bear with us
Bone Broth Beef Bourguignon
This is delicious with buttery mashed potatoes and some greens but is a rich enough that it works very well with just the greens!
Total time - 4hrs 15mins
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1kg stewing steak/blade of beef, cut into large chunks
- 175g pancetta
- 2 shallots,finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50ml brandy
- 250ml red wine
- 350ml Take Stock Beef Bone Broth
- 200g Baby chestnut mushrooms
- 200g button onions (peeled but whole)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3½.
- Season your flour then lightly coat your beef chunks in the flour..
- Heat the oil in a large, lidded casserole dish and add the pancetta. Fry till crispy and brown then remove from the pan.
- Add the beef in batches to brown and set aside.
- Add an extra glug of oil if needed then tip in the chopped shallots and garlic and fry until just softened.
- Pour in the brandy and deglaze the dish for a couple of minutes, making sure you scrape up all the bits from the bottom of the dish as that is where the flavour is!
- Add the red wine, Take Stock Beef Bone Broth, bay leaves, thyme and bring to the boil. Then return the meat and pancetta to the pan.
- Cover the dish, place in the oven and cook for approximately 3 hours until the meat is tender.
- Remove from the oven and check the seasoning at this point, adjusting to taste.
- Add in the mushrooms and button onions then return to the oven for another 20-30 minutes until the sauce has thickened up and is glossy.
- Remove the bay leaves and thyme stalks and serve.
Bone Broth Hummus
A perfect combination for summer get togethers, Bone Broth Hummus is such a nutritious, flavoursome option to have on the table for everyone to share.
Total time - 10 mins
Bone Broth Bloody Mary
This bone broth Bloody Mary is a wonderfully savoury cocktail - packed with deep, spicy flavour but with an extra nutritional hit from the Freja Beef Bone Broth!
Total time - 4 mins
Bone Broth, Bacon, Cheese & Asparagus Quiche
To celebrate the Coronation it had to be quiche! This recipe uses almond flour to make the pastry so keeps the carbs down but seriously delivers on flavour and indulgence.
Total time - 1 hour
Avgolemono Bone Broth Soup
A classic Greek soup, Avgolemono is the ultimate in comfort food but with a lovely bright hit of lemon and dill that really lifts the dish.
Total time - 50mins