- 225g sliced chorizo
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300g pearl barley
- 400g can of chopped tomato
- 500ml Freja Chicken Bone Broth
- 500ml water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Heat a large, deep frying pan and add the chorizo slices. Once they start to brown and release oil you can remove with a slotted spoon, leaving all the flavour in the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic to oil and gently fry for a few minutes until they start to soften but not colour too much. Then stir in the pearl barley making sure to coat all the grains in the oil.
- Tip in the tinned tomatoes, thyme and hot Chicken Bone Broth, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. All the liquid should have been absorbed after this time but if the pearl barely is still not tender you can top up with some extra water if needed.
- Leave to sit for 5 minutes to ‘relax’ then serve garnished with the crispy chorizo slices.