- 500g/1lb 2oz beef mince
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½–1 tsp dried chilli flakes, or to taste
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 275ml/9½fl oz hot Freja Beef Bone Broth
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Put a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan and lightly saute the onions. Once they’re soft turn up the heat and add the mince. Brown the mince thoroughly - you’ll need to break it up with a fork or wooden spoon a bit.
- Add all the spices and cook for about a minute or until you can really smell them and then you know they’re ready! Tip the mixture into the slow cooker and add the tomatoes, hot Freja Beef Broth, tomato purée and beans and season generously. Put the lid on and cook on high for 4–5 hours or low for 6–8 hours.
- Serve with your favourite sides and garnishes like grated cheddar, sour cream and fresh coriander.