- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Freja chicken bone broth
- 5 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Small bunch fresh basil
- Warm the olive oil in a heavy frying pan and brown the chicken breasts for around 10 minutes (you can cut them into large chunks if you want to cook them more quickly).
- Remove the chicken from the pan then add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes until it’s starting to soften then add the garlic at the end.
- Add the tomatoes, dried oregano and Freja broth and bring to a simmer with the lid off for around 10 minutes or until the tomatoes have started to break down. You can mash with a fork once they’ve softened. If you like a really smooth sauce you can always blend it at this point.
- At this point add the chicken back in the pan and simmer for a further 10 - 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. You can leave the lid off if you want your sauce to keep reducing or, if not, simmer with the lid on.
- Just before serving sprinkle in some roughly torn fresh basil leaves, keeping some small whole leaves for garnishing.
This recipe is great served with cauliflower, wild or brown rice!