Ciorba de Perisoare
This recipe is adapted from Corina Blum’s inspiring sour turkey meatball soup available on her Searching for Spice website. She has an incredible collection of mouth-watering recipes available, definitely worth taking a look! Image and recipe shared with permission.
Total time - 60mins
- 400g minced turkey
- ½ small onion diced
- 3 tablespoon basmati rice
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 onion diced
- 2 sticks of celery finely diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 500ml Take Stock Chicken Bone Broth
- 500ml water
- Handful of kale
- 2 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- Put all the ingredients for the meatballs in a bowl and mix together with your hands before forming into meatballs.
- Heat a little oil in a large pan. Cook the onion, celery and carrot gently until softened.
- Stir in the paprika and add the Take Stock Chicken Bone Broth and water.
- Bring to the boil, stir in the kale and then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the meatballs and continue to simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in most of the parsley and the vinegar to taste then serve topped with the remaining parsley.
For the turkey, thigh meat works well. White wine vinegar was used for this recipe.