- 450g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 500ml Freja chicken bone broth
- 120g fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 60ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 120ml double cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, bring the Freja Chicken Bone Broth to a boil over high heat. Add the chicken and reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the chicken cook for 10-15 minutes, until fully cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the pesto. In a food processor, pulse together the basil, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and garlic until smooth.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the pot with a slotted spoon and set it aside on a plate.
- Add the pesto to the pot with the bone broth and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, until the pesto is fragrant.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream to the pot. Stir to combine and let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the pot and stir to combine with the creamy pesto sauce. Let the mixture simmer for a few more minutes, until heated through.
- Season to taste and serve!