- 50g butter
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into large pieces
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 400ml Freja Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp dijon
- 5 sheets filo pastry
- Small bunch fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- In a large frying pan melt about half the butter then gently fry the leeks till soft.
- Turn up the heat and add the chicken thighs, browning them all over.
- Add the flour and cook for another minute then pour in your Freja Chicken Bone Broth and mustard and gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, take off the heat and stir in the creme fraiche, tarragon and spinach till it’s all combined. Season to taste. If you need to thicken the sauce at all you can add more creme fraiche.
- Tip the mixture into an oven proof dish (approx 28cm x 15cm) and allow to cool a little.
- Preheat your oven to 190ºC.
- Melt the remaining butter and brush each filo sheet with the melted butter then scrunch up slightly and place on top of the pie filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crispy and golden and serve immediately.