Inspired by a recipe from the legendary food writer Diana Henry, this soup is both warming, creamy and satisfying. Perfect on a cold, autumnal day.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, ghee or coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch cube of ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 400ml coconut milk
- 500ml Freja Chicken or Fish Bone Broth
- 350g squash or pumpkin, cut into 3m cubes
- 100g new potatoes, halved
- 200g spinach leaves
- 15g coriander
- 400g large prawns
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion until soft. Once softened, add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Next add your coconut milk or cream, Freja Chicken or Fish Bone Broth and seasoning.
- Add the pumpkin, potato and coriander stalks. Cook until the squash is tender.
- When nearly finished, add the prawns and spinach and cook until the prawns are cooked, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and fish sauce. Serve with lime wedges and the remaining coriander leaves.