- 1½ tbsp olive oil, ghee or butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 500ml Freja vegetable or chicken bone broth
- 200 ml water
- 2 × 400g tins of beans (such as borlotti), drained and rinsed
- 200g cabbage, kale, finely sliced
Lemony Sage Ricotta
- 2 tsp olive oil, ghee or butter
- Approx 12 large sage leaves
- 4 heaped tbsp ricotta
- I tbsp lemon juice and a little grated zest
- Extra-virgin olive oil and 1 big handful of grated Parmesan for garnish
- Heat up the 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium saucepan and then fry the whole sage leaves for 30 seconds on each side until golden and crisp then put to one side.
- Using the same pan, add the 1½ tablespoons of olive oil and gently fry the onion and celery for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, dried herbs, chilli flakes and some salt and pepper and fry for another minute. Add the pumpkin, water and the broth, put the lid on the pan and bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for 12 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and the kale and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes, still with the lid on. By now the pumpkin should be soft.
- Meanwhile, mix the ricotta with the lemon juice and zest season.
- Serve with the ricotta mix and crispy sage leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and grated Parmesan.